Knotty Purls

"Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galactica"

Monday, April 07, 2008

Oh the places we will go

Edited to add better photos!








Before I tell you about our latest travels I will show you the latest in the Knotty repertoire of finished objects.

Details:

Pattern: Hemlock Ring Blanket from Jared Flood
Yarn: Ecological Wool by Cascade in Latte
Needles: size 10.5 Options
Size: Ginormous - seriously, this picture is taken with me standing on my bed (and I whacked my head on the ceiling fan - the things I will go through for ya'll)! I ran out of room on the foam blocks and had to pin parts of it to my bedroom floor - good thing I just vacuumed. Now I just have to find a way to keep all the feet off it for the night.

If I were to make this again I would probably change the bind off. The ruffled bind off is pretty but it is a PITA to block

Now, for the good stuff. Did you see me on television? Yep, I was on the news in several different cities. Last week Piglet and I headed to San Antonio to spend the weekend with Big Boy. We got to Atlanta on Wednesday night and as I walked to my gate I wondered why there were a bunch of long lines at the ticket counters. Little did I know! Our flight ended up being cancelled. Since I would have had to stand in a very long line with a toddler I opted to have Big Boy buy us some tickets on another airline - for the next day. The hotels all sold out so Piglet and I spent the night in Hotel Hartsfield! A local station interviewed us around 2:00 a.m. and apparently stations around the country picked it up. By the time our flight took off I felt like a Sherpa as I was carrying a baby, car seat, stroller, diaper bag and purse! So, that wasn’t bad enough… the next day got even better. Piglet exploded all over himself and his very last diaper. There I was, in an airplane with no diaper! Fortunately the flight attendants were willing to go up and down the aisle asking if anyone with a toddler was willing to give up a diaper. We ended up with a diaper too big and no clothes. Wait, it gets better… my luggage had not arrived when I got to San Antonio and Piglet was still naked. I finally broke down in the Target as I searched for things that would get me through the next two days without my luggage. The weekend ended up being fun despite it all. We spent time with friends and took Piglet to Sea World. I also got in a few hours at La Cantera mall where I played with the iPhone that I will eventually buy (and I bought a pretty pink case). I am happy to say that our trip home was uneventful. Well, with the exception of traveling with a toddler.


And speaking of the monster Piglet. He started “school” this week and seems to enjoy his days. Of course this means that I have to buy more storage boxes to hold all the pompom caterpillars. I think he is just happy they have goldfish crackers for snack every day!

There is one last bit of knitting info… I frogged the cabled yoke of Tangled Yoke today and I will restart it on size 4 needles.

Labels: , , , ,