Knotty Purls

"Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galactica"

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Gotta love San Antonio because....

where else can you have Margarita's at 10:00 a.m.? We went to the King William Fair this morning, and took Baby Baxter with us. He was a bigger hit than the parade! We couldn’t walk anywhere for the people wanting to know all about him. He ate it up!! At first he just liked the petting but then he realized that all these people had food! He tried to steal a little boy’s hotdog, and another’s french fries. Then there was the sausage on a stick, and the turkey legs and the cookies… Now he is just exhausted. Here are some photos of him watching the parade (he did NOT like the drums) and a crowd of little girls who were loving on him.

























We were supposed to stop at the LYS, on the way home but I completely forgot. By the time I remembered I wasn’t in the mood to go back. I was hot, tired and sticky – in addition to my love of cheesecake, I also have an addiction to FUNNEL CAKE! I have tried to find these size 2 circular needles online but am not getting very far. I have found the but I don’t like them all that much. I have found the Clover straights but no one seems to have the Clover circular. I can’t get to the LYS until next week sometime. They are not open on Sunday and they are not open after 5:00 p.m. Ummmm, that eliminates about 90% of the time I can get there. I tried 2 different Michael's yesterday with no luck.