Knotty Purls

"Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galactica"

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

To answer some of your comments…

1. Baxter is just fine and hopefully he is scarred enough to stay away from my curtains. It is one of my pet peeves--the dogs will lie under or on the curtains and get them all dirty. Poor Baxter is a few French fries short of a Happy Meal but we love him anyway. We call him our little Jessica Simpson.
2. Out of 20,000 yards of yarn, I do not have one single white ball in there. Ok, I lie…there is a half skein of white fluffy eyelash and one skein of a cream-colored wool. No way am I making a shrug from either. I just think I need white because it will go with everything.

I have been going over my numbers for the Vintage Pink Cardigan in a 36” based on some of the instructions Claudine gave me and I was only off by two stitches. Not bad for a neophyte who flunked Algebra! One good tip she gave me…if the numbers in the current pattern are even, mine should be too. I had a couple that didn’t match the pattern and I had to rework them (and remember how I came up with them in the first place). I’m still not getting this whole ease thing but maybe it will make sense to me once I am working on this.

In the process of doing the inventory this weekend I realized that I have a bunch of yarn that I used for baby stuff and have quite a bit left over. I think I might make up some baby stuff for me. I have already made one blanket but maybe if I move on to sweaters it will make the little critter come faster. I have some cream and gray shine & shine from Knit Picks, which would make a nice little sweater. I’m thinking a motif on the back with the gray. Definitely a cardigan. I don’t do pullovers for babies. That is one sure way to make them cry! Cotton would be perfect for any time of the year because even in the house, a baby will need a sweater as a layer but not one made for living in an igloo.

Lastly, I apologize for not having hyperlinks on yesterday’s post. I had hyperlinks in my word version but they didn’t copy to Blogger. Then, as I was preparing to put in the links, a warning came up telling me that there would be an outage at 4:00 PST. I looked at the clock and realized it was 2 minutes away! I am contemplating moving over to Typepad but DH isn’t convinced he wants to pay for it every month. We have a free blogging system through Mac Ilife but it is very plain and well, kind of ugly. Plus, no one would ever find me--I have to remind DH that his Mac world isn’t as large as he would like to believe.