Knotty Purls

"Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galactica"

Friday, April 21, 2006

An interesting Meme

Kat has an interesting Meme on her blog. Name 5 places you have knit other than your house or LYS. Hmmm, I really had to think about this one. But, here goes...

1. The beach! Last summer I worked on a felted bag while sitting on the beach. I figured it would be washed so I didn't care about the sand and sunscreen.
2. The Volvo dealership while waiting for a recalled part to be replaced.
3. The tire store while waiting for them to figure out why I had a flat tire. They didn't charge me so it was a very good day!
4. Airplane/Airport. The guy stuck in the middle seat was mesmerized and asked how long it would take me to make a shawl.
5. Sitting in radiology while waiting for x-rays of my back.
That was fun and made me think of my knitting experiences.

Today was a great day! I got my hair colored - my hairdresser makes me laugh a lot. She is so sweet and goofy. Then, I headed off to Ann Taylor Loft to use my coupon. If you have their credit card they send you wonderful coupons (same with Victoria's Secret and Bath & Body Works). I actually found some jeans that fit and they don't make me look like a plumber. I also got two pairs of pants that are very cute and actually fit! Then it was off to the gym with a stop on the way home to pick up a milkshake at Mickey D's. MMMMMMM I love their shakes.

Tomorrow Baxter and I will go to Austin for an adoption day at the Petco on Brodie Lane. We usually have about 10 Pyrs there so we are quite the spectacle. But, these gentle giants are better behaved than all of the other dogs. Baxter loves to go because he gets tons of attention. He is usually the smallest one there but he is so sweet, fluffy and white that everyone wants to pet him. He really loves to see the other dogs. It's a bit of a drive but worth the sacrifice if we can talk to people about the breed. Last time we had 2 adoptions.