Knotty Purls

"Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galactica"

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Top Chef Review

Did you catch Steven getting boot last night? Don't let the door hitcha on the way out babe! So, why did they think they would have more time to plan this reception? They have never had longer than 24 hours before - why start now! I realize that it takes a special person to be a pastry chef but out of 5 people not one has a cake recipe? Actually, using the boxed cake mix was probably one of their best ideas!

I recently subscribed to Interweave Knits and I thought my subscription would start with the next issue, since everyone I had talked to had their subscription messed up. Well, guess what showed up today...the spring 2006 issue that I have already had for a month. Oh well, better 2 issues than none I suppose. I am anxious to make the Drop-Stitch Hoodie. Elann has some great acrylic microfiber coming in May and I think it would be perfect for this pattern.

I am ready to cast on the Vintage Pink Cardigan but I still don't have the size 2 needles I need. By the time I finished cleaning the house today I just didn't feel like leaving the house. Instead, I stayed in and made treats for the dogs. Apple Cinnamon Biscuits...all natural ingredients...super crunchy. My guys love them more than the store bought kind. Even Cydney (my friend Robin's Pyr), who is the pickiest eater on earth, LOVES my treats. We have a big dog event coming in May and I plan to sell my treats as a fundraiser.