Knotty Purls

"Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galactica"

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Self-Portrait

I have decided to join the Self-Portrait Tuesday. I don’t know why…I normally don’t like photos of myself. Susan was a brave woman for posting the photo in her jammies, with the do-rag on her head and brushing her teeth – you won’t be seeing that here J I guess I thought of it because a friend mentioned a photo today and I immediately thought, “I should find that picture and post it on my blog”. The whole thing came up years ago when Cariann suggested we have an “ugliest childhood picture” contest within our office (back when I enjoyed both job and co-workers). While everyone laughed at my photo, it actually won the category of “can’t believe a mother would do that to her kid”. I think it is cute. Anyway, I don’t know when I will be registered with the gang at Self Portrait. Today is the first day of their new website and I suspect they will have quite a few folks signing up today. I also don’t know if I can find the photo and get it scanned in by tomorrow. Hopefully, it is not in the scrapbook I made for my dad. I promise though, you will be torn between saying “awwwww” and laughing your ass off.

On to knitting news. I have cast on for the Ruffles scarf from Scarf Style (not using links because finding anything on the interweave site is a PITA). I am using Highland Wool from Elann in the Carmine Pink. They yarn is just fab but I don’t think the pattern is turning out like the photo (now there’s a surprise, right!). I have finished all the repeats on the Shetland Triangle Shawl but it isn’t nearly long enough. I would have to do a lot of blocking to get it right. I think I will do one more repeat before moving on to the edge. The quest for needles goes on. I checked Ebay last night and thought I had struck gold. Someone in Hong Kong was selling 15 pairs of new bamboo needles! I bid and was winning up until the very last 5 minutes. This morning I searched and found the same company had a bunch more. I am currently the high bidder at $0.99 with a day to go. I plan on staying up until the bid closes tomorrow night so that I can’t possibly lose out. Several people on the Elann chatsite have purchased from this Hong Kong company and they are very pleased with their needles.