Knotty Purls

"Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galactica"

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Even bears need to be warm


As Franz was felting yesterday I was thinking about how cold it was outside and glad that I don't live in Maine, where the bears are going. That thought led me to making them some scarves. Here are the boys, posing with my Baby Baxter. I screwed up the red one during the sewing process. I accidentally left the stuffing hole in the front instead of the back. That meant I had to turn him around making his ears "not quite right". Then, as I sat down to sew on his extremities I realized that I had used all of the red yarn on the scarf. I found a small ball of Gjestal that is a similar color but I can see the difference. Sorry the picture isn't better. Baxter was too busy watching me. When he finally looked at the camera he got up, knocking the bears to the floor. Baxter is the best poser we have. Annabelle is too curious about the camera and thinks she must protect us from it by licking it. Calvin just doesn't care. He doesn't care to please us - in fact, we were put here to serve him. Here they are - we caught them during a moment of sleep.

Calvin







Annabelle




We are having very stange weather. On Thursday it was near 90 and yesterday and today have brought freezing rain. I am sooooo ready for spring. Bring on the heat baby.