Knotty Purls

"Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galactica"

Friday, February 10, 2006

Oh Baby, Oh Baby!

I finished up the baby sweater yesterday and wanted to take a pic but the battery was dead in the camera. Wouldntcha know it! I ventured off to the H.E.B, our local monopoly, oops, I mean grocery store, only to discover that they had t-shirts, underwear, pots n pans but not the kind of battery I needed. Since the temp was dropping and the wind was not, I decided to forgo a trek to the Target, even though it was just a few stores down. I will have to send DH there tomorrow. The sweater is just darn cute, if I do say so myself. It is done in Knit Picks Shine & Shine cotton on size 6 needles. The pattern is from Knitting for Babies. I still have to search for buttons but I think I may just order them online, especially since I have another sweater looming on the horizon.


So, what is everyone knitting for the Olympics? I have cast on a bear from the book noted above. I plan to make an entire family of them. Should be easy since I am almost halfway done with the first one in just an hours time. I have a lot of small amounts of yarn to use up and this will be just the solution.


I'm not a big Olympic watcher (watching someone go head first down a hill of snow doesn't do it for me!) but I do watch the opening ceremonies and the ice skating. IMHO, holding someone over your head while balancing on 2 thin blades is a true talent. I have been watching the Today show this week as they are live from Torino and I have to ask...WHO IN THE HELL CAME UP WITH THE HAT WITH BRAIDS ATTACHED! The Swiss Miss girl called and she wants her hair back. Al Roker tried one on this morning and he looked an overweight Rasta. NOT a good look.