Knotty Purls

"Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galactica"

Saturday, February 11, 2006

It's not your parents coffee

Today I was waiting in line at the Starbucks and looking around at all the folks drinking coffee. I was thinking about how cool it would have been to have a place like that while I was in college. My town had a 24-hour truck stop and I never would have thought to go there and study. It also got me thinking about how our parents always told us that coffee was a "grown ups drink" and that it would stunt our growth. Of course they took our coffee away while allowing us to eat paint chips, ride in a car without seat belts and talk to strangers on the street. In the grand scheme of things, coffee seems pretty harmless and not quite the rite of passage our parents had thought.


Oh wait, I'm supposed to be talking about knitting. Let's see, I found some little buttons for the baby sweater (of course I forgot to buy camera batteries while I was out) and will pop those on tonight. They are little yellow flowers - pretty cute if I do say so myself. I started my Olympic project last night - a bear. The body of the first one is done and, well, it is a little strange looking. I hope that the addition of a face and arms will help. I also meant to get stuffing while I was out but forgot that too. Ok, Charley was in the car so my trip into the fabric store had to be short and sweet.


Speaking of fabric stores...they had some ugly ass stuff in there! The beautiful fabrics were tucked into a corner and the hideous stuff was right up front. Maybe they were hoping someone would steal it :-) They did have the best button collection that I have found yet.


Let's hope I am able to publish this. Blogger has been down for the last 2 times that I have logged on. UGH!