Knotty Purls

"Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galactica"

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Spring has sprung!


At least in San Antonio! Today was near 80 and so beautiful. My flowers are starting to come back to life (except the ones Annabelle laid on last year).


I finished the baby hat to go with the sweaterIsn't it just the cutest thing? I hope it fits! I am now working on a sweater for yet another baby. This one done in Only with a stripe of white, green, lavender, blue and tangerine. The yarn is so yummy and stretchy to work with. It will be very cuddly when complete. I hope the mommy likes it.


In other knitting news, I got in some of the Diwa I ordered last week. This stuff is going to be great to work with and difficult to part with. I also bought this great scarf booklet called "Knit for the Cure, Scarves of Hope". $1.00 for every book purchased will go to breast cancer research. The patterns are great and so is the cause.


Oh, and several of us are talking about going to the fiber festival in Dallas at the end of April. I am very excited about this. The only class I really want to take is on changing yarns for a project. I have a difficult time with this if it is something that really needs to have an exact gauge. Math is not my best subject.


I will end with an awwwww...this is Baxter and his dad. Baxter is a big snuggle bug and will use any opportunity to just be close.