Knotty Purls

"Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galactica"

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Just had to share

Elann has a new wool coming today. It is lightweight and superwash! I am only $7 away from getting my $50 coupon so I think I will order just enough to get me over the edge and then reorder tomorrow. I love the Oriental Red for a Clapotis which will go to a friend. I have also ordered a scarf book which should be arriving this week and I think this yarn would make some fabulous scarves. I could knock out next Christmas with one order. I am near my 3000 yard goal for the Yarn Rangers so I think this order will be acceptable. After all, it is 202 yards per skein at $3.98 each. Can't beat that!!!!! The friend is rarely the recipient of gifts as the mostly go to her children. I think she deserves something nice since she has managed to raise three, happy, healthy, well-behaved, drug-free, Christian children. Not an easy task since one has been argumentative since birth.

Back to work I must go. It is only 10:21 a.m. and already I am dreaming of 5:00 p.m. Actually, I am dreaming of lunch. For some reason I have been craving milkshakes for the past two days. At Yoga last night all I could do was think about a chocolate shake from Mickey D's. Since I only had $0.50 to my name I drove home, cleaned out the change jar and then drove to the Golden Arches around the corner from my house. Is that desperation or what?