Knotty Purls

"Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galactica"

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Fiery Bolero

**EDITOR'S NOTE**
The experiment will be over starting tomorrow after the gym. Not only has my hair felt heavy and stuck to my head but my face has felt oily. I swear even my eyes felt greasy. This has lasted about as long as my "no shaving" experiment. I don't care what anyone says, I could feel the hair growing on my legs and my legs felt heavier.

Oh, the baby due belongs to a friend. Apparently she is already here and this kimono won't be needed as it is 90 in Maine this week. Maybe she can use it on a doll when she gets older. Oh Well.




Finally, the bolero is done. Just in time for SIL's birthday. I think I like this one better than mine because the ribbing isn't stretched from the heavy trim. So, here are the details:

Pattern: Fiery Bolero from Interweave Knits Spring 2005. Size 32". Should fit unless SIL has gained 30 pounds this year.
Yarn: Luna from Elann. About 5 1/2 skeins in Regal Orchid.
Needles: size 3 and 4
Overall, the pattern is very easy but the yarn is a pain in the A**. It is very slippery and hard to keep on the needles.

This morning I decided to clean out a couple of boxes - you know, the ones that only get touched whenever you move. Well, I found photo albums and other memories. It was fun to look back at baby pictures of kids heading to college this year. It does make me feel old when the kids I babysat are now having kids of their own. So, I'm sitting here wondering how much that face lift will cost!

This article was up for discussion on Elann a few weeks ago and I decided to give it a try this week; after all, my only excitement will be the fingerprinting at the gun shop and I doubt they care! Well, today is day one and so far I'm not liking it. I think I should have skipped the product today since I still have yesterday's Sap Moss, Volumizing Tonic, Styling Whip and Hairspray. I did wet my hair with warm water (ok, I saturated and scrubbed like I was using shampoo) but it just isn't the same. SnB gang, if I smell a little musty by Sunday, just let me know.