Knotty Purls

"Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galactica"

Sunday, July 09, 2006

I get by with a little help from my friends!


I hit the LYS yesterday and picked up a few items, mostly out of guilt. When I was in there last weekend they had a shrug on display, made out of Noro Kureyon. I inquired about the pattern and no one seemed to know where the shrug came from. They took my number and I headed home to search the www. On Friday I got a call from the owner telling me that the pattern was there and it was free. She said that the representative told her that it wasn't in any sort of pattern book but he had a copy he could fax to her. I did a little research of my own and found that the pattern IS in a book, Noro No. 18, to be exact. So, I felt a little guilty. My guilt produced a ball winder, a skein of Lang Silk Dream (just one to play with before I invest in 10 of them!) and some Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece which will become a baby kimono from Mason-Dixon.

I have been knitting! I am up to four squares for Warming Grace. I plan to wash and block them some day this week. I think they are really cute. I have made progress on the Here and There Cables scarf as well as the sweater for a little girl. Since I wasn't sure if the lace mohair would stand out in the intarsia heart, I decided to use a lifeline in case I had to go back. It is my new bestest knitting friend. Why haven't I tried this before? I only had to rip back about four rows but I was able to pull out the needles and just rip. In the end, there were my stitches, waiting patiently and orderly, to be put back on the needle. I have also been reading Yarn Harlot's latest book. Ummm, I'm a Martha knitter :-)

Please Lord, let our house sell soon. Actually, I am torn. I don't want it to sell because I love my house and neighborhood and don't want to leave. But, if it doesn't sell we will be homeless in VA. Actually, Charley will be homeless because the dogs and I will head to my parents house to hibernate for the winter. Seriously, I would have to go back to work full-time and sell some organs in order to make two mortgages. Does Costco sell Top Ramen by the case? I might have to take up only washing my hair every six weeks like in this story from London. Anyway, I am tired of showing the house. I am tired of washing nose prints off the windows ten times a day. I am tired of taking the dogs for a ride and returning to discover the people are just pulling up. I am tired of nagging my husband about picking up his toys. But, mostly I am tired of having total strangers traipse through my home!