Knotty Purls

"Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galactica"

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Good Vibrations

Sometimes the best way to have a good day is to get showered, put on the make up, put on your nice clothes and get out of the house. After a little funk I did just that today. I picked up a couple of gifts, a few bags of groceries and some cards. Hallmark was having a deal where you get a Beach Boys CD for $7.95 when you buy three cards. Well, who can have a bad day with Beach Boys on the stereo? They will also make great tunes for Pod and get me pumped at the gym. I was getting a little bored with the songs I have on there now. I headed to the grocery store armed with coupons for a free $5 gift card, and money off formula, pacifiers and wipes. What pops out of the register but more coupons! Woo Hoo! The guy behind me wanted to know what he had to do to get coupons he could actually use. He also thanked the clerk and I for our smiles and said it made his day. I had a couple of problems with the gift card and when I apologized for taking so long he said it was ok because it was better than going home to sit (kind of sad, huh?).

When I got home I had an email from our counselor at Catholic Charities in Milwaukee. She said that our birthmother is still only one centimeter and she is still due in two days (ain’t gonna happen kids!). She said our decision to wait until next week to head out was a good one. We had been so stressed over our trip out there. Our counselor at Lifetime had told us that not being there for the birth may affect her decision to let us adopt the baby. Well, without a scheduled induce or c-section, there was no way we could guarantee that we would be there for delivery – DUH! We had been under so much pressure to be there for the birth. Well, when we tried to buy our plane tickets the prices were near $800! By waiting until next Monday we only had to pay $200 each. Our birthmother talked to her counselor today and was indifferent to us being there. She completely understands. We had come to the conclusion that if she changes her mind it will have to do more with her desire to parent and less to do with us not being there to help push. Many factors go into reclamation and we can’t control any of them. Makes me want to send the email to our Lifetime counselor and say “Na Na! I was right!” but that would be completely childish and they tell me I am supposed to be beyond that.

I have overcome Second Sock Syndrome and started a mate last night. I really like the yarn and may look for more. It is a wool/cotton blend and I think it might make some cute baby stuff. I am having a hard time finding knit patterns for cute boy things. It is just discriminatory, I tell ya!