Knotty Purls

"Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galactica"

Friday, June 02, 2006

On the road...

Greetings from Virginia. I am here in Hampton to do a little house hunting and try to figure out where we might want to live. It has been a LONG day!

Last night we got a call that our birthmother had gone to the emergency room because she wasn’t feeling well. All is ok and she is dilated one centimeter. She doesn’t think she will go until the 15th of June! We were up until midnight trying to figure out what Charley will do should she go into labor before I get home (the baby’s stuff is all laid out for him to put in a suitcase). 4:30 a.m. came very early!

Today more legal wrenches were thrown at this monkey. I am ready for this to be done! I am trying to be careful in voicing my frustration because some think I am not grateful for this baby or not considering birthmother’s situation. That certainly isn’t the case; however, this should be the happiest time of our life and all these side things just keep sucking the joy (not to mention the life and money) out of us. If I hear one more cliché, someone’s getting a kick to the head!

The best “here’s your sign” moment of the day…I picked up my rental car and the girl said, “Your car is in space A32. That’s 32 spaces back.” Ummmm, thought that one was pretty self-explanatory!