Knotty Purls

"Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galactica"

Thursday, May 11, 2006

New treasures

I love getting mail, especially when it comes in white Elann boxes. I ordered the Sonata and the Esprit based on the recommendations of all on the Elann chatsite. They have raved about these yarns forever so I just had to see what all the fuss was about. Not sure when I will use the yarn but... I also meant to order a dark blue to go with the red and white so that I could make a lovely patriotic baby sweater. Well, looks like we will be wearing two sweaters of different stripes instead.







These are the needles I purchased on Ebay last week. I got the whole kit and caboodle for $28 including shipping from Hong Kong. They are bamboo and come complete with a piece of sandpaper in case there are some rough spots. There is no way to get this many bamboo needles, from the LYS, for this price. I really only wanted the small size but it was worth it to get the whole set to have as backup.




I haven't had much knitting time this week. Mi Familia is in town and whenever I sit to knit I am bombarded with questions (every day is like a game of Jeopardy!) so I put the knitting aside. In addition, we have been so overwhelmed with paperwork, legalities and decisions that we just can't make right now that I haven't felt like knitting. For some it is a comfort but for me, sometimes the best comfort is a good movie that makes me laugh and doesn't overload my brain. And when I am stressed, I putter. I pick up around the house, I do laundry, I cook...anything to keep going and take my mind of the issue at hand. It is very hard to have pressing decisions that need to be made and not be able to talk to your spouse. We can't discuss things in front of his family because they would ask so many questions that I would forget the original discussion and just get more frustrated.