Knotty Purls

"Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galactica"

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

It's a good itch

I am itching to cast on something new. I went to the LYS today and got a few ideas but didn’t buy figuring I had something in the stash and a free pattern lurking somewhere. I had contemplated this poncho from Sirdar. It calls for 7 skeins of yarn for the size to fit a 2 year old but at $8.95 per skein I decided I could somehow do it cheaper. I think I will do a hooded sweater instead with the Sonata from Elann along with this yarn from Knit Picks. Would a little girl like this sweater? While at the LYS I also checked out their book selection. I am going to order a Debbie Bliss book but from Amazon because it is way cheaper.

I recently acquired the Moebius Cast On instructions and I think I will use the Cherry Tree Hill boucle to make a Moebius. Not for me of course. Maybe MIL? Christmas?