Knotty Purls

"Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galactica"

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Project Spectrum Wednesday

Here is this week's tribute to the Blue, White and Gray of February & March.


This little gem is the baby hoodie for Piglet. The pattern is based on one from Debbie Bliss' Baby Cashmerino book. Notice anything strange? Well, the sleeves are practically to the waist. If I have to lengthen the bottom I will just scream. Also, the hood is a little weird. I doubt he will ever wear the hood. Of course, I would have known all of this if the picture in the book had shown the baby standing up as well as the back!


And what is this mess you ask? Well, it is the Angelina. I have finished the body and am doing the lace trim.

This is the semi-provisional cast on being ripped out and the stitches picked up. It is taking forever! I started pulling it out on Monday night at SnB and then continued last night and I've only picked up about 1/4 of the stitches. I think I might have lost a stitch already. *Sigh*


I picked up some new yarn yesterday. It is Smooth DK by King Cole. It is 100% acrylic and so incredibly soft. I think it will become a vest for Piglet if I can find a pattern. I also snagged a copy of Sahara. Ewe Knit & Kits also had the yarn from Tilli Tomas - YUM! That is all I can possibly say to describe this yarn - just YUM!

Labels: