Knotty Purls

"Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galactica"

Saturday, February 17, 2007

The crud is slowly passing. I have not been this sick in a long time and admit I feel both guilty about having Big Boy do all the work and relishing that I have someone willing to let me languish in bed for two days. I do have the best husband in the world. This afternoon I was craving soup and he went to Panera for their yummy tomato soup. Tonight I was craving fudgcicles. He ran to the store to get me a box along with three new boxes of tissues.

I managed to get in a little knitting but not nearly as much as someone with nothing else to do for two days. After a while the knitting would grind on my nerves. I’m like that when I am sick – I don’t want to do anything for longer than five minutes.

Anyway, here is what I managed to accomplish (I apologize for the bad pictures):

Angelina – I finally made it through the 11 1/2” of ribbing, finished the bind off for the right side sleeve and am working on the decreases. At this rate I will never do ribbing again! The bottom photo shows how it will look when the sleeve is folded down and seamed. Of course I still have to do the lace edging.

Baby Hoodie – The shoulders are seamed (and why Debbie Bliss has you bind off and then seam them is beyond me) and the hood started. I am about 2” into the 8” needed for the hood. The first picture is the front of the sweater and the second is the back. There are several changes I would make to this pattern should I do it again. Not only would I do a three needle bind off on the shoulders, I would connect the hood to the back differently. She has you bind off the back and then cast on for the hood and later seam the two together. To me this is a lot of extra work. Maybe when I finish I will understand the method to her madness.

Lady Eleanor – I didn’t work on it until today because a new skein of yarn had to be wound into a ball and I didn’t feel up to it. So far I have done 5 tiers; I will be at this a while.

Piglet’s Christmas Stocking – Nothing. Nada, Zip. There was no way I could read the charts and keep track of 4LPC, 4RPC, 3LC, etc. Just no way.
If you double click on the pictures you will get a better view of each item.

Piglet and I had big plans for this week. We were going shopping in Richmond with a few LYS stops along the way. Knitting Sisters is holding Lace Style for me so we had plans to go pick it up. Well, Piglet is feeling up to the trek but isn’t allowed around the general public yet and I’m just not feeling up to going any farther than the kitchen for a cold glass of water – thankfully I only have to step a foot out my bedroom door for that one.

Labels: