Knotty Purls

"Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galactica"

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

I Really Do Have WIP's

Really, I do.

The other day Christine (avid knitter, non-blogger) asked about my Angelina and I realized I haven't posted update photos in a while. Here goes...

This is the back of a sweater for Piglet. I am doing it in Elann's Sonata. I'm not sure how much I like the Sonata. It is cotton and mercerized or not, it is still stiff and well, cotton.

The pattern is from Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino. I hope it fits because he is growing faster than I can work on it!

Here is Angelina. Sorry, the picture isn't that great. I am still on the endless ribbing. 2x2 ribbing over 200+ stitches for 11 inches is a total bore!


This is the yarn for Angelina. It is so soft and creamy (just like chocolate pudding!) that it makes the endless ribbing a little easier. I could never do this in pure cotton :-)Lady Eleanor has been cast on and 2 tiers worked. I laid it out and it measures 32 inches. The pattern calls for 23 inches. No, I'm not dyslexic. I swatched and measure and got out the calculator and it is still wider. The good news, I wanted it wider and I was afraid it wasn't going to be enough. This morning I considered frogging and casting on more stitches to get it more wrap like than scarf.
Today is waiting. Waiting. Waiting. My dishwasher was supposed to be delivered last Wednesday and due to some screw up somewhere it is now coming today. Our current dishwasher is a piece of shit. That is the nicest thing I can say about it. It retails for a whopping $200! So, we are getting a new, stainless steel tub, multi setting diswasher.


Labels: