Knotty Purls

"Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galactica"

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Project Spectrum Wednesday


This is our sky yesterday. It was such a beautiful day. I opened all the windows and blew out the germs that were collecting in our own little CDC. The Piglet and I went outside to enjoy the fresh air and work on Angelina. He has never been outside except in his car seat and then he is usually asleep so this was sensory overload. His little head whipped back and forth checking out everything! Is he one cool dude or what?

I had a little education enhancement today. Since I bought books I like to refer to them as education and not stash. I purchased Fitted Knits by Stephanie Japel (Glampyre Knits) and the Spring Knit It. I don’t normally pick up this magazine but they had some cute stuff this time. I also considered Cables Untangled but since I am getting Lace Style tomorrow I thought I should pass for now. If you like doing cables – this is the book for you.

I finally did it. I broke down and bought “Curvy” jeans. I actually bought them about two weeks ago but just finally tried them on this morning. I’m curvy. It was time to admit it. I have hips. I am not built like a boy. I only wish more jean manufacturers would figure this out. When I hit puberty my hips developed. My Nana would call them “birthing hips” – something every 15-year-old girl wants to hear (this was the same women who wouldn’t discuss sex because if you talked about it kids would do it). Anyway, I digress. These jeans are great. They fit perfect in the places they are supposed to fit. They are low enough to be “hip” and “in” but not so low I have to hide behind the cart when getting those bottom shelf items at the grocery store. I currently own a pair that was purchased out of desperation when I managed to rip two pairs in one week. Well, they fit in the store but I didn’t take the “stretch” into consideration. Now 15 minutes into wearing I could give any plumber a run for his money!

Labels: , ,