Knotty Purls

"Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galactica"

Monday, February 19, 2007

The Crud!

I guess I was lying when I said the crud was passing. I guess it was Saturday when I woke up with an elephant on my head (although in my house it is likely to be a big white dog). I took a bunch of medicines and they worked - for about an hour. I finally gave in at 4:00 this morning. I showered, put on make up (because I don't leave the house without it) and drug myself to the Urgent Care. I figured no one else would be there and I would be seen quickly and since I wasn't sleeping anyway... It looks like I started out with the same respiratory virus as the Piglet (aw, the little shit is learning to share already!) and then somewhere along the line it turned into a raging sinus infection. He also suggested I stop and pick up some Nyquil to help me sleep. Well, the only place open around here at 5:30 a.m. is Wallyworld and frankly, that place scares me in broad daylight so no way was I stopping when only the freaks were out.

I got home around 6:00 a.m. and crawled back into bed only to have Big Boy ask if I had decided not to go after all. Glad to know he was worried about me. So, I am back in bed for yet another day, sucking down antibiotics and 800mg of Ibuprofen and snorting some Afrin and Flonase followed by a chaser of Nyquil (as soon as Big Boy gets up and goes to Walgreens for me). My Baby Baxter is snuggled with me and trying to help me type.

This makes a total of 6 trips to the doctor in one week for the Knotty family. You know it is bad when someone you have never seen before looks at your name and says "hey, you're Piglet's mom".

Labels: