Knotty Purls

"Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galactica"

Monday, March 05, 2007

Frustration!

I think I mentioned a few posts back that I found an error in the Angelina pattern. Well, I have since found two more. One, found after I picked up stitches. I had 187 and was supposed to have 193. I added, added, subtracted, multiplied, divided and bayed at the moon and the numbers still came out to 187. 42+36+30+37+42 = 187 no matter if you use new math, old math or an abbacus. I finally checked the White Lies Designs Yahoo Group and discovered that this error was brought to the designer's attention in 2005. Yes, 2005! That is nearly two years ago. She is still printing this pattern with the incorrect numbers. Her correction for this is to pick up an extra 3 stitches on each side of the neck. What does that mean? I have to rip out 145 stitches. As I was running the numbers for the 10th time and preparing to bang my head against the wall, Piglet started to cry. How long before he figures ou not to interrupt mommy when she is counting, foaming at the mouth or flinging yarn, needles, pattern and WIP across the room? Endless searches of the internet have brought a lot of people who made the jacket but none that posted about the errors. To add insult to injury - every search resulted in thousands of hits about Angelina Jolie and the number of people who think she is a homewrecker who illegally adopted her children. Do you think it is too early in the day for tequilla?

Labels: ,