Knotty Purls

"Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galactica"

Friday, March 02, 2007

I've Got A Burn And It Feels Good

Yesterday I realized that I am very behind in my goal of 100 miles to April 1(Run A Go Go). I have to get in 2 1/2 miles a day between now and then. Since our weather was warm the Piglet and I headed to the park for a 3 mile walk. I was only going to put in 2 miles but I noticed the extremely obese woman working her way to the second mile and I felt guilty. If the 400 pound woman can do 2 miles there is no reason why I can't do 3! Late last night my arm and shoulders started to hurt and I couldn't figure out why. This morning it dawned on me - I am pushing around an extra 39 pounds:

Stroller = 17 pounds
Car Seat = 8 pounds
Piglet = 14 pounds

The cost of outrunning the freaks at the park - Priceless.

Actually, our park is nice. It has 2 - 1 mile tracks that connect. The second mile is a little more isolated so I only use it if it is a very busy day. The park also has a state of the art playground and soccer fields where the local high school practices. However, it is directly across from the high school meaning that during lunch and after school it is a hang out. I'm sure the little hellions are up to no good just discussing their dreams, weekend plans and hot girls but I still don't trust them. More like I don't trust anyone wearing a heavy winter coat and a hood in 60 degree weather. It is also their smoking area - NICE! Oh wait, ours was at the grocery store next to the school so I guess I can't pick too much.

Piglet sleeps nicely as long as I keep moving. I guess when he is older and won't sleep anymore I will have to take up running to keep him going! Great tunes always help me move a little faster.

10 Songs on the Playlist:
  1. You're So Vain - Carly Simon
  2. Feels Like Home - Chantal Kreviazuk
  3. Weight of the World - Chantal Kreviazuk
  4. Made To Worship - Chris Tomlin
  5. How To Save A Life - The Fray
  6. Holding Out For A Hero - Frou Frou
  7. Upside Down - Jack Johnson
  8. Waiting On The World To Change - John Mayer
  9. Your Body Is A Wonderland - John Mayer
  10. Making Memories Of Us - Keith Urban

Labels: