Knotty Purls

"Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galactica"

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Swiftly



Since I'm not all that swift I had to buy this little gem. I picked it up from Joann's and with the 50% off coupon I was able to get the large for less than the price of the medium. I am very excited to use it. Frankly, skeining yarn between my hand and elbow was getting annoying! I just have one question 'cause I'm not too bright and the darn thing didn't come with instructions. There are all these little holes in the center of the arms. I can only assume they are to thread the end of the yarn through when starting but I could be wrong. Am I? I am going to use it this morning on the Sonata I frogged from Piglet's sweater. I balled it but it is still all crinkly. I have to work quickly because it has a new purpose. Last night I cast on for the Crumpet's dress from Chiagu. My stitches were a little loose for what I like so I need to frog and do a gauge swatch with different needles. I am doing the dress in white in the 3-6 month size and will use a vibrant ribbon. I am leaving off the beads because it takes too much time and I have to work fast. Of course this means that everything else has been put on hold. Oh well, it will be worth it! Besides, it is now too warm for my Angelina or Lady Eleanor!

Labels: ,