Knotty Purls

"Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galactica"

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day

I wish a happy Mother’s Day to all the women who are mothers, grandmothers, foster mothers, stepmothers, used to be mothers, want to be mothers and those who are mothers to children with four legs instead of two. I even wish a happy day to those who had the courage to stand up to society and admit you didn’t want to be a mother. It is 4:30 a.m. here on the east coast and I have started my Mother’s Day early. Piglet decided sleep was not for him last night and now he is asleep and I am wide awake. So is Annabelle. Baxter is getting in some snuggle time. It is going to be a L-O-N-G day.

So, what are y’all doing for Mother’s Day? I get to spend the day doing motherly duties. Big Boy left for BFE Saturday morning. So, no breakfast in bed, no spending the day reading on the deck while Big Boy does the dishes and diapers. The LYS is having a Mother’s Day sale so Piglet and I are going to head over there and then have lunch somewhere. The little guy bought me a gift certificate to a day spa! There are so many choices on the menu that I can’t choose where to start. I think I need a pedicure before we head out on vacation and will book a massage for when we return. After a week and a half of driving and visiting family I am going to need it BIG TIME!

In knitting news… I think Icarus is headed to the frog pond. I love the yarn and I love the pattern but I do not love them together. I just can’t get into the pattern. I think the next pattern will be done holding two strands together because this yarn is so delicate I a constantly worrying about a dropped stitch or accidentally knitting two stitches together. Elann has several new shawl patterns for FREE and a couple of gals have even started a KAL. Last night I cast on for Crumpet’s #2 and so far it looks really cute with the beads.

Labels: ,