Knotty Purls

"Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galactica"

Saturday, May 12, 2007

Wally World Excursion

I went to Wal-Mart tonight. Anyone who knows me knows I hate shopping at Wal-Mart. It is not a political statement but an elitist one. I should probably be ashamed of saying that, but I’m not. It isn’t about poor vs. rich; it is about class vs. no class. I generally prefer Target because it is clean, well organized and well, has a clientele that doesn’t have to be told to wear shoes! So, why did I go there? Because they have this! Christine gave me the idea on Thursday and apparently she got it from Jenny. It was way cheaper than the one at Knit Picks! I have to figure out where everything is going and then make the labels. It is for holding my needles and whatever.

This afternoon I spent over two hours stringing beads for the Crumpet's dress. A little bit later I was laying on the floor with Piglet when Calvin hit me with his squeaky dog toy. Somehow Squeaky Dog had become tangled with the yarn that had the beads on it and he was on his way through my house! Fortunately I was able to save the beads but Squeaky Dog did not have as lucky a fate. He is in the process of being disemboweled as we speak!

Oh, Jayne asked who Phil Spector is. He is big time music producer. He has produced such hits as "To Know Him is To Love Him" and "Da Do Run Run" and "You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling".

Labels: