Knotty Purls

"Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galactica"

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

It's All a Mystery to Me

I did it. I caved and joined the Mystery Stole #3. I saw the results of the first clue and could not help myself. Yesterday morning Piglet and I went to the bead store to pick out some pretty beads. I ended up with two different colors and will have to make a final decision once the yarn arrives. I am going to buy a cone of the Zephyr in black. I think it will be beautiful and elegant. Perfect to wear to… well, play dates at the park or um, the grocery store. But, I have to clean up some WIP's before I can start anything new.

I am doing the Jitterbug this week. Big Boy is glad to know it is just socks! Details:
Yarn: Jitterbug in Alizarine. This yarn is the best ever. I didn’t even use a full skein. I still have enough to make a pair of socks for a little girl – I think.
Needles: Size 1 Knit Picks Options
Pattern: Oblique Openwork from Sensational Knitted Socks. The heel is Eye of Partridge. Notice that the foot is a little different? Well, I did reverse stockinet on the foot so that the smooth side is on my foot and more comfy.
Size: I made socks for an 8” circumference foot. I did not take the leg of the socks all the way to the knee because I don’t like them that high.

What will you be doing on this day of America’s independence? We are doing America’s favorite pastime – shopping! We are getting Piglet some independence from his too tight shorts and getting ourselves some independence from the smell of dogs. For this we need a trip to the outlet mall and Yankee Candle store. At least we are getting some exercise!


Labels: , ,