Knotty Purls

"Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galactica"

Friday, August 31, 2007

Are all swans this beautiful?


Me Wearing the Swan


Blocking


The Wing

I finished up the Mystery Stole 3! It is now called Swan Lake and quite pretty if I do say so myself. I have never done a Mystery anything before and I really enjoyed the process. I know a lot of people aren’t really digging on the wing and to be honest, I’m not 100% sold on it either but… it was all part of the mystery and that is what makes me love it. I know you can’t see a lot of the details in the photo of me but if I had gone with another picture you would not have seen Calvin and Annabelle. Be thankful Big Boy hesitated for a second otherwise the photo would have been Annabelle peeing. Oh, and the 'blocking' photo doesn't show Baxter walking on the stole or me holding my breath as he walked back across it to leave the room. Details:

Pattern: Swan Lake (or Mystery Stole 3). Melanie will eventually have this pattern for sale on her website, along with several variations to either make two wings or make it symmetrical. By choosing the black yarn I became Odile - the chick that steals the prince. Since I have never stolen a guy away from anyone, I am going to enjoy living vicariously through my stole. I mean, doesn't everyone want to be the bad girl on occasion?

Yarn: Zephyr lace weight in black. I bought an entire cone (5000 yards) from Sarah’s Yarns for $36.00. It was great to work with – very soft and got even softer with washing. I probably used less than 800 yards.

Needles: Size 3

Beads: They are a gunmetal color with silver lining. They are not perfectly round either. I like how they catch the light. I believe that if you are going to the work of putting on beads, you should be able to see them. I picked these up at a local bead store and I think they cost less than $3.00. I have plenty left over for another project.

Labels: ,