Knotty Purls

"Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galactica"

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

I've Become...

Crap! I’m starting to sound like my parents. Today I started in with the “when I was a girl” speech and then moved on to “I can’t believe how much things cost nowadays”. Oh help me! But seriously kids… McDonald’s came out with their fabulous $1 menu a few years ago and I loved it. I could get a medium fry with a small drink for $2 and change. So today I pull up for my weekly heart attack in a bag and what do I discover – the $1 fry is now a small instead of a medium. WTF? Let me back my story up a bit… I recently wrote the big Red Haired Guy because my local “restaurant” has had their shake machine broken for the past month. It is July! It is HOT! People need shakes! I also let them know that said locale never gives a napkin leaving me to wipe my salty, greasy, hands on my pants. Today, I received two napkins in my bag. Apparently it is costing them a lot of money to hand out the napkins so the cut back had to come in the form of 20 french fries.

This afternoon I was adding to my Queue over at the site I’m not allowed to talk about at S & B (she whispers – Ravelry). I had made note of a shrug pattern and today decided to purchase it. The pattern alone is $15! Hell No! It isn’t a book. It is a single pattern. I just can’t bring myself to pay more for a pattern than I pay for a pack of diapers.

The Spector trial may possibly be winding down. Maybe. Sometime before 2008 runs out. I wish we the viewers could take the tour of the Castle next week. BTW, why on earth would you continue to live in the house where you murdered someone (or they committed “accidental suicide” – ACK!)? We will likely have a break coming up and I would suggest that Mr. Spector see his plastic surgeon as he is looking a little worn. It is probably time for a new wig too. For the lawyers who read my blog, here is a question for you. Shouldn’t you prep your witnesses prior to they take the stand? Or at least know what they are going to say? Today’s computer guy was totally unprepared and Mizzz Kenny Baden clearly had never spoken to him before. But, I suspect she spent quite a bit of time preparing the daughter for that big, dramatic answer “my father is right-handed”.

I think Piglet’s teething is rubbing off on me today. Big Boy has been traveling for what feels like a year now and in the meantime the baby has started teething, resulting in a week of upset tummy and now a fever of 102 for two days. I am soothing myself with my Lima. I really shouldn’t tell anyone about this yarn because y’all might go buy it all up. I take it all back. The yarn is really crap. Ya, you don’t want it.


With the crabbiness, tears, snot and drool going on around here I decided to look back on happier days – Saturday. Piglet turned eight months old. As you can see, he prefers to hold his sign now. Not sure what happened but out of the 20+ photos we took, there are around 15 where he looks like a drunken sailor. He still isn’t crawling but you wouldn’t either if you had to get that tummy and those thighs off the ground.




Labels: , , , ,