Knotty Purls

"Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galactica"

Sunday, August 19, 2007

A Quick Update


I know it has been a long time since I last blogged. Honestly, I haven’t had much to say (and those who know me well are laughing their asses off right now). Plus, I have actually been knitting. Where to begin…

Mystery Stole 3 is actually called Swan Lake. Yep, it has a wing. I am ready to begin clue 7 as soon as Big Boy gets me some toner for the printer. I like clues 1-4 and I like clues 5-7, I’m just not sure I like them together. I still plan to finish and wear the stole though. Here is the stole at the end of Clue 6 but not blocked.

I Do has become I Don’t. I started it and then somehow screwed up where the beginning of the round was and ended up with the pattern being off. So, I frogged. Then I started again in the smaller size but 20 rows in found that I had started in the wrong spot on the chart and I had not been decreasing. Plus, I wasn’t getting the lacy look I wanted. I think I might use the yarn for the Ribbed Lace Bolero instead.

Tomato is starting to ripen (I crack myself up!). This pattern was originally in a book but was offered for free to those who are subscribed to Knitting Daily. I initially thought it might be too big but I tried it on the other night and it is actually a little snug. It’s cotton it will eventually be too big. I think I might make one in Cotton Fleece for my SIL.



Lady Eleanor is STILL on the needles. I try to do a few rectangles per night. Only eight more skeins left and I will be done!


Print O’ The Wave is in the same place as the last time I took photos. The lace of MS3 has taken over and I found myself getting confused with two lace projects at one time.

Finally, Piglet’s Christmas Stocking. Yes, I started this in February! I am now working on the heel flap. I sure hope this is big enough!


And speaking of the Piglet… poor baby has had bronchitis. Apparently it started from a virus that he kindly shared with his mother. He was feeling well enough to go to the beach last week, for the first time. That is the opening photo. He has his first tooth coming in and he is quite proud that he knows how to eat table food now. He enjoys sharing his Cheerios with Annabelle and she enjoys taking them.

Labels: , , ,