Knotty Purls

"Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galactica"

Monday, September 03, 2007

Ribbed Lace Bolero


Back

Front
Can you believe I have another finished item? For so long it seemed like the projects were never going to end and now I have two in one month!

Details:

Started: August 23

Yarn: Tahki Lima from Elann (about 3 skeins). It is now discontinued which is very sad. Why on earth do companies discontinue the great stuff and yet continue to produce some of the crap that is out there. The pattern calls for Cotton Ease but I wanted something warmer.

Pattern: Ribbed Lace Bolero.
I had plans to wear this over a sleeveless dress while on my cruise this month but after it was finished I realized that the color is wrong for the dress and it is really too bulky. *sigh* Oh well, I will still wear it, just with something else. The only alteration I made to the pattern was to lengthen the sleeves slightly.

Needles: Sizes 7 and 9. This project made me realize how much I love my Options. I had to use the Denise because I do not have a size 9 tip in the Options - I them on order now though.

Technique Learned: Sewn bind off. Takes a little longer than normal but was pretty cool to learn.

Have you seen my Fall issue of Interweave Knits? Me either. Back in June I decided to renew my subscription after they dangled the proverbial carrot in front of my nose. Who can resist the allure of a free issue and a free pattern! Anyway, I received the bill in August and sent a check the same day (nowhere in the information did it tell me I could speed up the process by paying online!). Turns out that has delayed my Fall issue. Well, sort of. It shipped around August 26 and, according to Interweave, should arrive here no later than September 28 - a whole month later. But, the story gets better. Last week I received a notice asking me if I forgot to make a payment because my subscription is about to run out. That would be my subscription that expires Summer '08! It even says Summer '08 at the top of the notice. So, I am asked to pay for something that expires a year from now, before I have even received the first issue of that subscription. HA!

Finally, Piglet enjoyed the morning at the park. He gets to play on the swings, go down the slide and bounce in the little truck. Just the way life should be!

Labels: , , ,