Knotty Purls

"Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galactica"

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Fried Blue Tomato


Tomato is finished! Actually, it was finished before I left and it blocked while I was away. Even with the stretching it is still too small for me (read: clings to all the wrong spots!). It will become Christmas for my SIL. This sweater is very cute and I would definitely like one in a larger size for myself. Thanks to Knitting Daily I now know that I have been knitting the wrong size and was dreaming when I thought a size 36" bust would fit me. So, which is cuter - the sweater or the baby?

Details: Started 7/9/07 and weaved in the last end on 10/1/07
Yarn: Sonata from Elann. About 3.5 skeins of blue and .25 skein of white
Needles: Size 3 & 4
Size: 36". However, the yarn I used is a smaller gauge than the yarn called for so my sweater ended up a little, um, snug.
Notes: With my yarn being different I had to do more increases at the top to get the right length. I also did more ribbing at the bottom and on the sleeves instead of having the rolled edge. I think it is neater looking. This is a super easy pattern!

For those of you on Ravelry, there are full details here.

Up next: A sweater for Piglet and Argosy for me!

Labels: , ,