Knotty Purls

"Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galactica"

Friday, August 04, 2006

Dog Days of Summer




It is officially the dog days of summer. Now I know how it got it’s name – I am constantly hot, sweaty and smelling like a dog. LOL! The kids spend their days sleeping. They are exhausted from the hour of morning barking and they are resting up for the afternoon barking session. I would gladly pay people to stop walking past my house. After we scare off all the people, we have to scare away the killer birdies. School bus season will begin soon and Annabelle really hates that they steal the little children from her – all four buses, two times a day! Yes, Baxter is sleeping behind the treadmill – his sister can’t get back there to terrorize him!

I finally finished the sweater. Details:

Yarn: Filatura Di Crosa Diwa; heart, Luscious from Hobby Lobby
Color: Fuchsia
Needles: size 5 for the body and size 4 for the neckband.
Pattern: Handy Book of Sweater Patterns by Ann Budd, size 26 finished chest. The heart and ruffle from Style Your Own Kid’s Knits (but way cuter than the clown!).
The yarn seemed a little rough at first but when I washed it, it turned into this soft, drapey yarn. It really is nice to work with. It is perfect for those of us who live in a warm climate year round or just don’t like heavy garments. I sort of wish I had purchased more (besides the beige, fuchsia, light blue and burgundy, that is).


I have a bunch of the yarn left over so I am making socks for Susan’s Boogie. The pattern is from Sensational Knitted Socks on size 2 needles. Normally I like the longer DPN’s for socks because I don’t risk losing stitches but this time it is a big pain. I’m working with so few stitches that I am all needles.