Knotty Purls

"Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galactica"

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Stash Bash


I call it this because buying this yarn was quite the party. What we have before us is Jagger Spun Zephyr in Fushia (630 yards for $11!); Artyarns Regal Silk in a pink colorway, on sale for $11 (woo hoo!); Euroflax Originals in a basic brown, perfect for a hand towel for MIL; Sensational Knitted Socks; and some size 6 DPN’s (for some reason I was missing this size – go figure). It was so hard to decide what to buy…"but honey, why can’t I have ten skeins of everything”. I think it’s time to admit I have no willpower! A note on the Euroflax… another customer commented on how expensive it was ($16.95). I thought about it for a second and told her that MIL will keep this hand towel until she dies and then will leave it to me in the will so it is likely to last a good 20-30 years – the gift that keeps on giving:-) I really hope she doesn’t will me the soap that is going with it!

I’ve been knitting a little. The sweater is nearly finished and looks pretty cute if I do say so myself. I hope the giftee likes it. Actually, I hope the momma likes it.

I have really been busy cleaning up the stash, putting everything into storage bags and making sure the inventory is up-to-date. Um, have I mentioned I don’t want to move? I think if I put off doing the moving stuff I can continue to live in D-E-N-I-A-L. It’s a great place. Really. I swear. I like it. I don’t feel like making new friends – I like the crazies I hang with now. Why ruin a good thing? We are fortunate to live in the World Wide Web. I will still be able to connect with friends and feel like they are less than a million miles away. And, when DH deploys next summer I will be hopping a plane “home” at least once. Those who wish for the “good ole days” before technology have never had to pack up and leave friends, live thousands of miles away from family or been without a decent place to shop!

Oh, tonight is Project Runway so stay tuned for the rundown tomorrow.