Knotty Purls

"Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galactica"

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Can I get an AAAAWWWWWEEEEE?



This is how I took out my stress last week…

The Baby Kimono is from Mason-Dixon. It is to keep our little critter warm – should he ever get here!
Yarn: Lamb’s Pride Cotton Fleece (I love this yarn!) in CW-590 Lapis. Good thing I didn’t mix it with another color though; the blue bled like crazy all over the towel!
Needles: Um, can’t remember. I think a size 6 maybe.
Accessories: I used two little plastic snaps on the inside to hold the whole thing together. The button is just for decoration. I think I bought it at Hobby Lobby ages ago.
I think I might have enough yarn left to make some little socks!

The sweater is from a Mac & Me pattern.
Yarn: Only Stretch from Schachenmayr in white, blue, green, orange and purple
Needles: Sizes 8 & 9
The sweater is in a size 4. The pattern was super easy but not for a beginner. The author of the pattern sometimes states that you are on the RS but that would only apply for a smaller size; in the size I was making I would actually be on the WS. This was a really quick knit! I still have to make a little tie for the front. I think I will make small I-cord in orange or purple. The sweater is supposed to be a gift for a little girl.






For those of you who are turned on by the novelty of fall, here is a photo of a tree in my backyard. We had a frost last week and it made most of the trees turn. Good thing Big Boy found the yard tools because we are in need of a raking. The downside to the pretty falling leaves, the dogs can now see all of the birds and squirrels hanging out in the trees and they are determined to have critter for dinner.

Unfortunately this week is not starting out any better. Frankly, I am sick of attorneys. They wonder why they have a bad rep…well, I know why.