Knotty Purls

"Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galactica"

Saturday, October 07, 2006

T is also for Tacos

I am going through serious withdrawal! I miss my Bill Miller Potato and Egg Tacos! No one here has breakfast tacos. I am thrilled to get decent bagels again but… I guess I will just have to figure out how to make them myself; however, the tortillas here are different. I can only find the prepackaged kind from Mission or Ortega. They just can’t compete with the fresh & hot HEB. Ok, I am starting to drool so I should change the subject.

There is a problem with my Krista T. Actually, the problem may be the yarn. It smells. The first time I wore it I kept smelling something weird and finally figured out it was me! It smelled like B.O. When I took it off I gave myself a good smelling and I didn’t stink! The smell is in the shirt. Seriously, I don’t smell like that after an hour at the gym so I know I didn’t work up a sweat sitting around the cabin. So, the big question is, how on earth did my T develop a smell? When I washed it I did so by hand with a little Woolite and then I laid it on a clean towel on the bed. Later on I moved it outside to dry. Could it have picked up a smell from the towel or the bedding? I need to rewash it but I think I will wait until I have my own towels for drying and can spread it out on the foam blocks or kitchen table. Maybe that will help?

Kid n Ewe is coming up next month and I’m going to miss it. Last year was really small but our little group had a great time. We spent quite a bit of time fondling the Brooks Farm Yarns. After we had lunch at El Chaparral (I’m starting to drool again). This year they are going to get together with a group of bloggers from Houston – the same group we lunched with after Yarn Harlot. I had contemplated going to the Fall Fiber Festival of Virginia but I just can’t spend any money right now and if I go, I want to SHOP!

Oh well, I will just hole up in my tortilla free, stash free cabin and knit with what I have.