Knotty Purls

"Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galactica"

Monday, September 11, 2006

Happy Birtday to Me!

Today is my birtday! Yes, I know it is a day of national tragedy but for 32 years prior, it was my birthday so I celebrate. No, I do not have a typo - several years ago my friend Melissa was making a cake to bring to work. She called me at 10:00 p.m. to ask if I minded a ghetto cake. She made me an adorable bear cake and misspelled "birthday". I didn't really care - I'm all about the cake and not the writing! Since then, we have celebrated "birtdays" instead of "birthdays". I think we will go out to dinner tonight. We usually go for a nice steak. Mmmmmm, steak :-) Presents will have to wait until the house sells but Big Boy has agreed to let me have a massage. Personally, I think he is tired of the Icy Hot smell in the room so he is willing to spring for the massage!