Knotty Purls

"Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galactica"

Monday, September 04, 2006

Day Two

Welcome to Hammond, Louisiana. To the great state of Louisiana, I have have two words for you ROAD WORK! I spent most of the afternoon car sick (which I never get!) due to the crappy roads along I-10. I had to stop because the roads shook my bladder loose. Seriously, if I had coughed a body part would have popped out.

When we walked the dogs last night we explored the grassy area by the pool. There were several kids playing in the pool who apparently had not spent quality time in a grammar class. "Look at them thar dogs"! "Them dogs is back again"! Big Boy went to the front desk last night to ask about local restaurants and walked away shaking his head. The girl at the desk was trying to help, but just couldn't. Apparently she had no clue that there was a Chili's, Applebees, and Cracker Barrel one street over. For those of you who hate the chain restaurants, you obviously have never traveled to towns where the closest thing is a convenient store and a diner that appears closed! After passing a bunch of dives and nasty bathrooms, you will bow down and kiss that Cracker Barrel!

The dogs are holding up. Calvin enjoys peeing on so many different trees. They don't like it when one of use leaves the hotel room though. Baxter is helping my friend with her pet sitting business. He and his girlfriend Cydney go in the truck every morning. They also eat and sleep together. He has learned to stand in the water bucket while drinking and then run around in the mud. We have created a monster!!!!

On a sad note, Steve Irwin died. I loved watching that lunatic. Now who will teach us about the Mighty Croc :-(