Knotty Purls

"Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galactica"

Thursday, September 14, 2006

R is for Ripit Ripit

This afternoon I sat down to work on my hand towel from Mason-Dixon and found a huge mistake. I started this towel many months ago and then set it aside in favor of more pressing gifts. I was about six rows in when I set it down. So, last night I reread the instructions and clearly read "moss stitch border" but somehow that translated to "garter stitch border" in my pea sized brain. I was an additional 12 rows in when I realized the mistake and my side borders were two different patterns. So, a frogging I went. I have to say, the Euroflax frogs nicely. This is not a project to be done in the company of others. Last night at SnB I was trying to count and listen at the same time and ended up tinking every row I started.

Here is my other boo-boo. Can you tell that the pattern does not match up on the shoulders? The pattern did not specify to bind off keeping the stitch pattern. Maybe it did but since I have this reading/translation challenge I just didn't get it.








We have finally settled on a house and will be making an offer this afternoon. Here are photos of the front and back of the house.
It has great landscaping; it just needs a fence for my critters. The inside has three bedrooms and two and a half baths. It needs a little work on the inside - paint mostly since the guest room is electric blue and the guest bath is mint green. We will also need to replace blinds because the current owner has vertical, cloth blinds and those will not work with the kids. There is no way possible to keep them clean!

I might try to go to the LYS tomorrow. It isn't far from Williamsburg Pottery and I like going there to poke around. Don't worry, I'm not going all Holly Hobby! Now what should I do with Big Boy?