Knotty Purls

"Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galactica"

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Men - Can't Live With Them, Can't Kill Them.

It never fails, just as I am contemplating where to bury his body, Big Boy does something nice. I haven’t been able to sleep since we got home. The other night I was awake until 4:00 a.m., contemplating the complexities of the adult child/parent relationships, and whether or not Avant-Garde Molecular Gastronomy is the cause of this hairstyle . Anyway, I was exhausted Tuesday and only got in about a 20-minute nap. That night Big Boy not only watched Piglet so I could take a bubble bath but he took both the 1:30 a.m. and 5:00 a.m. feedings so I could sleep. Actually, I didn’t even hear him cry! That night I mentioned that I can’t wait for Piglet to turn six weeks so I can put him in hourly care at the Child Development Center and get back to the gym. So, after our appointment on base yesterday Big Boy brought Piglet home so I could go to the gym. And, today he is going to watch him in the afternoon so I can go shopping before knitting. Now I can’t kill him!

I got in a little knitting yesterday. I only have two weeks to finish up sock No. 2. I guess having a deadline will motivate me to actually work on it. My yarn for Piglet’s Christmas stocking arrived yesterday. Thankfully, I have a whole year to finish it! I have decided that my Lady Eleanor will have to be in two colors since I can’t find a variegated that I really like. I think it will be done in the Baby Cashmere or Baby Silk from Elann. Both are so soft and yummy. I can’t decide if I want to do a black/white combo or a brown/white combo. I think I want it to be neutral so I can wear it with just about anything. I wanted to use the new silk/cashmere offering but all the colors sold out before I could make up my mind.