Knotty Purls

"Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galactica"

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Knit Picks

… or the Postman was nearly picking my knits out of his ass! This afternoon I was sitting on my sofa and suddenly there was a ruckus from the canine division of the family. I go to the window and I see the postman heading down my driveway. Sweet Son of a Biscuit Maker my needles are here… but they aren’t. No needles by the front door… no needles on the porch… no needles on the walkway…um, why was the postman running down the driveway when he didn’t have a package? Maybe he left it in the driveway? What the hell? There is a box behind the tire of my car, in the garage. Ok, the door was open but why did he drop the box behind the tire of the car? What if I had just hopped in the car and not looked?

Anyway, I was so excited about the needles that I opened the box and switched the Crumpet’s dress over immediately. And while I was doing that I planned out the socks from my Jitterbug yarn. I think I will cast on for Icarus tonight. I am so excited!



FYI... Piglet had his 4 month check up today. He weighed in at 16 pounds, 13 ounces; 25 1/2 inches long and a head cirumference of 44 cm. His weight and length are between the 50th and 75th percentiles and his head is in the 90 to 95th percentile. His height is finally catching up with his weight. But, as I told the doctor today, his head had to stay big to hold up his cheeks!

Labels: , , ,