Knotty Purls

"Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galactica"

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Oh Socky Socky Now - Project Spectrum Wednesday

I’ve been a little lax in the Project Spectrum department so here is a little colorful goodness for you. I hope the glare of the white leg doesn't blind y'all!

This is my sock. Just one. I don’t have second sock syndrome with this yarn, I just have no time syndrome. Seriously, I love this yarn. It is Jitterbug by Colinette. It is by far the best sock yarn ever. It is soft, stretchy, and does not split – ever. It has spoiled me for any other sock yarn. I tried on this sock and it fits like a glove – something that hardly ever happens with my handmade socks. Ever more, it didn’t lose its shape. When I took the sock off it sprung right back into shape. As soon as I finish the second sock I will post all of the gory details. I think the second sock will become my traveling partner when we drive to visit the in-laws and out-laws in a few weeks.

I love the Jitterbug so much I bought two more skeins at the LYS on Sunday. The color is Florentina.

And, here is the beginning of the new little Crumpets with beads. It is really cute! I really like this pattern and I REALLY like it with the beads.


I have a new link in the sidebar. All of my 2007 works of art are going to be added to a second blog as well. The blog will be dedicated to FO’s. It was getting to be too much of a pain to add each individual piece in blogger. Mac offers us limited blog capabilities for free so I decided to use it rather than sign up for another option like Flickr.

Labels: , , ,