Knotty Purls

"Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galactica"

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Reality Bites

Actually it doesn't, I just couldn't come up with a more creative title. I love reality tv. I like seeing how others live - call me voyeuristic but watching these shows has convinced me that I'm not so crazy after all. Let's face it, if these people will yell and scream at each other in front of the cameras, what do they do in private? And it shows the world that life isn't all Brady Bunch and Partridge Family!



I have read a couple of blogs that are upset about Chloe winning Project Runway. Not me. She was consistent throughout the whole show. Daniel was too but the judges put it out there - she is a business woman. She has a proven track record. Her line did teeter on 80's prom or Dynasty wear but if you look around - 80's fashions are working their way back! OH HELP! I had a hard enough time with the 70's coming back but now I think I will have to hibernate for a few years. I don't mind the preppy turned up collars or the layered shirts but if I see one "Flock of Seagulls" hairstyle, I'm outta here! Anyway, Santino played it too safe (although his stuff was gorgeous) and probably gave them the thought that he toned it down simply to win and then all hell would break loose. I think it was obvious they kept him around for the drama when their only other choice would have been André's cartoony eyes.



My new fav is Top Chef. I want to see a real fight break out in the kitchen. If one breaks on PR the most that happens is two guys stick each other with some pinking shears but on TC we could see some real damage. I love the crazy older woman who had no clue what she was making!



My other top favs - Survivor, Amazing Race, Dallas SWAT, Cops, Dog the Bounty Hunter and Blow Out.